Sunday, May 27, 2012

Basement Window



Every year one of the families from my church hosts a Toys for Tots party. The adults all sit around and chat, while the kids play video games or run around outside in the dark. One year we decided to play tag or ghosts in the graveyard, or some sort of game that involves running and hiding, you know how it goes. As I was running around, I passed by the basement window of the house. The area around it was sunken into the ground since the window was so low. But inside that space was… something. Just a large black mass, hunched over. At first I thought it was a person hiding, wearing a black hoodie. It was too dark out to distinguish anything. But then I actually reached out and touched it, and I felt fur. This thing never moved or made a sound, and it was very large. As I was touching its back, I asked, “Who—” meaning to ask, “Who are you?” but I was too afraid. I ran away to find some of my friends to show them, but when I came back, the thing was gone.



© dontfallasleep-youmaynotwakeup/ tumblr

No comments:

Post a Comment